under the weather
This IV Drip has a mega-dose of Vitamin C to help fight off infection and strengthen the immune system.
under the weather
Our team of doctors have created this unique infusion, which is powered by a mega-dose of Vitamin C, alongside a physiologically balanced electrolyte fluid solution
High dose Vitamin C has been suggested as having both a preventative and therapeutic role in a number of pathologies; Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and can directly prevent oxidative damage from free radicals and has been shown to reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and damage and relieve and prevent symptoms of viral illnesses
Multi-buy option: Book more than one drip to receive a discount or book as a group of people to reduce the cost of each drip. The group drips will be done simultaneously either at our clinic or at your home/office.
DURATION 60 MIN
Find out more about our
Under the Weather drip
Our Under The Weather IV drip is an extremely popular drip for those who are suffering from the flu, a cold, gastroenteritis or anyone who’s just feeling out of sorts.
It’s base solution is created from The Classic drip, which is powered by Plasma-Lyte, an isotonic solution that matches the body’s pH. Under the weather also contains very high dose Vitamin C, which is anti-viral, antibacterial and works to reduce free radicals within the bloodstream.
The IV drip can be boosted by (if required and after prescription by our doctors) intravenous paracetamol, a powerful intravenous anti-inflammatory drug, an intravenous anti-sickness drug and extra intravenous magnesium.
This specially designed formulation created by our team of intensive care and anaesthetic doctors is highly effective at getting you back on your feet quickly.
Packed full of vitamin C, this drip has plenty of
1. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant – Antioxidants act to protect the cells and limit the damage by stabilizing and mopping up free radicals. Studies show that consuming more vitamin C can increase your blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%. This helps the body’s natural defences fight inflammation.
2. Vitamin C helps to lower blood pressure – Vitamin C acts as a diuretic causing the kidneys to remove more sodium and water from the body, which helps to relax the blood vessel walls, thereby lowering blood pressure. Lower blood pressure also means increased cardiovascular health.
3. Vitamin C can slow skin ageing – Vitamin C affects cells on the inside and outside of the body and it’s antioxidant properties can be beneficial when it comes to ageing. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition examined links between nutrient intakes and skin ageing in 4,025 women aged 40-74. It found that higher vitamin C intakes were associated with a lower likelihood of a wrinkled appearance, dryness of the skin, and a better skin-ageing appearance.
4. Vitamin C helps prevent iron deficiency – Iron is an important nutrient that has a variety of functions in the body. It’s essential for making red blood cells and transporting oxygen throughout the body. Vitamin C supplements can help improve the absorption of iron from the diet. Vitamin C assists in converting iron that is poorly absorbed, such as plant-based sources of iron, into a form that is easier to absorb.
This is especially useful for people on a meat-free diet, as meat is a major source of iron. In fact, a study found that simply consuming 100 mg of vitamin C may improve iron absorption by 67%. As a result, vitamin C may help reduce the risk of anaemia among people prone to iron deficiency.
5. Vitamin C supports eye health – Vitamin C helps protect against oxidative damage. Oxidative damage is a key factor in two of the most common age-related cataracts: cortical and nuclear cataracts. Cortical cataracts develop on the edges of the lens, while nuclear cataracts occur deep in its centre or “nucleus.”
A 2016 study found that participants who reported consuming more vitamin C showed a 33% reduction in the risk of cataract progression. They also had clearer lenses overall.
All of our treatments are designed in house, exclusively doctor delivered and built upon safe and effective care.