iron IV infusion & blood test
1 years' worth of Iron in 1 treatment
Quick procedure - takes around 30 mins
Notice benefits from 10-14 days onwards
- Iron – dose based on individual circumstances (around 1g)
What is an iron IV infusion?
An iron infusion delivers a high dose of liquid iron directly to your blood stream using an IV drip. IV Infusions are often favoured over iron injections.
Please Note: Blood Test is required before iron infusion.
We specialise in the provision of intravenous iron treatments that are bespoke to your particular needs and requirements. If iron levels in your body are low you can become iron deficient, this means your body makes fewer healthy red blood cells, a condition known as iron deficiency anaemia. If not treated there can be long term consequences for your health. Our blood test can determine your iron levels and our IV treatment will deliver benefits in as little as 10 days.
You will need a blood test and following that, video consultation with a GP. There are many causes of iron deficiency and the cause should be identified, if you’re found to be iron deficient you’ll be prescribed and administered the treatment if required
What are the main reasons for needing an iron infusion?
Iron Deficiency is the most common nutrient disorder in the world, with approximately 10% of women being iron deficient. The main reasons
- You have a medical issue that means you can’t absorb iron adequately through your gut.
- You may not be able to take iron by mouth or take tablets.
- You’re unable to absorb enough iron due to blood loss.
- You need to increase iron levels fast to avoid medical complications or a blood transfusion.
- You eat a diet that’s very low in iron.
- You may take medicines that affect your body’s ability to use iron to make haemoglobin. These include aspirin, heparin, and Coumadin.
- You may have a condition that uses up more iron, such as kidney failure or pregnancy.
All of our treatments are designed in house, exclusively doctor delivered and built upon safe and effective care
Limitless NAD IV
The Immunity Drip
Vitamin C IV Drip
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does iron do for the body?
1. Boosts energy – Iron is responsible for making haemoglobin in red blood cells, which then carry oxygen to the muscles, tissues and brain. This means iron is essential for keeping up good mental and physical performance.
2. Supports your immune system – If you’re low on iron, you can be more susceptible to illness and infections because your immune system isn’t strong enough to fight them off.
3. Healthy skin – Has your skin lost its healthy glow? Haemoglobin gives skin its rosy colour, so low levels can cause the skin to become pale. This may be easier to detect in people with lighter complexions, but no matter what your skin tone, if the area inside your bottom eyelid is lighter than normal, this may be a sign of iron deficiency. This is often one of the first things a doctor will look for as a sign of low iron levels.
What are the symptoms and signs of Iron Deficiency?
Deficiency in iron is the most common nutrient disorder in the world.
There are many signs and symptoms of iron deficiency but some of the more common ones are tiredness/fatigue, shortness of breath, palpitations, hair loss, headaches, looking pale, cold intolerance, dizziness, irritability, poor concentration, increased susceptibility to infection, restless leg syndrome, bruising, cracks and ulcers in the mouth and brittle nails.
Women typically suffer more due to heavy menstrual periods and following pregnancy; however it can also occur due to poor absorption, vegan diets and inflammation as well as chronic medical conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, chronic kidney disease and cancer.
What does our Iron Testing & Treatments include?
We specialise in the provision of intravenous iron treatments that are bespoke to you particular needs and requirements. If iron levels in your body are low you can become iron deficient, this means your body makes fewer healthy red blood cells, a condition known as Iron deficiency anaemia. If not treated there can be long term consequences for your health. Our blood test can determine your iron levels and our IV treatment will deliver benefits in as little as 10 days.